Water Damage Restoration
Contact Us For A Free Quote!
Calhoun County Water Damage Restoration
Water damage is every homeowner’s or business owner’s nightmare. Whether you are addressing a leaky faucet gone rogue or the devastating results of a flood, timing is essential! Timely restoration will reduce damage to your home’s structure, belongings, and wallet.
If you need water damage restoration for your residential residence or commercial building from a company you can trust, look no further than Klean-Co. From a small leak to a full-blown flood, water damage of any scale requires professional service. We are a leader in home restoration services and pride ourselves on prompt communication. Working alongside you, we help you file an insurance claim and coordinate your payment to ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible.
If your home or business recently suffered a water-damaging event, time is ticking. Experience the Klean-Co Clean difference and call (256) 305-6221 today!
Alabama’s Water Damage Emergency Response Team
We know emergencies don’t follow a 9 to 5 timeline. This is why Klean-Co offers 24/7 emergency water damage control and repair. We will arrive on-site promptly to assess the damage and evaluate what type of water damaged your property.
We take a custom approach to water damage restoration because we know a one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t work. Every situation is a little different when talking about water damage because the cause and degree of water damage will vary from case to case.
Water Damage Isn’t Just Water Damage
Water damage clearly shows where the damage is prevalent. Personal belongings, furnishings, and carpets often require repair or replacement. However, it’s your home’s structural damage that is most difficult to identify and poses the biggest threat.
Water damage is a precursor to mold, dry rot, and mildew growth, all of which pose a serious problem to your home and family’s health. Unfortunately, leaving water-damaged areas unaddressed for over 24 hours (even small leaks) can cause a serious mold issue.
If checked and dealt with promptly, we can remediate most water damage situations. However, if time wasn’t on your side, you may need mold removal and repair services and water damage restoration.
Our Water Damage Restoration Process
Our seven-step process means you’ll always get the best results.
Whatever the cause of water damage, we must deal with it quickly! Water damage can cause chaos in your home or business if allowed to stagnate. While we evaluate the appropriate approach to each property, the following are general guidelines for our water damage restoration process.
Once we arrive, we immediately begin evaluating the damage and taking steps to mitigate further damage. We also address any potential safety hazards. If the situation calls for it, our team may use leak detection technology. Because water damage, if left unaddressed, can cause a myriad of health concerns. We are very thorough to ensure we don’t miss any hazardous health details.
Next, we extract any standing water from the site.
Then, we inspect the full scope of the damage to ensure each area of your home is correctly dried.
After inspection, we lessen any damage caused to your possessions by moving undamaged contents to unaffected areas. We also take note of any items that are already damaged. Our commitment to detail gives you peace of mind that your valued belongings are in good hands and assists in the insurance claim processes.
We might need to remove some wet materials, like carpet padding and trim, to speed up the drying process.
Finally, we start structural drying with dehumidifiers and air movers. The goal is to speed up the drying process to prevent mold growth.
After the water damage is under control, we begin the restoration process.
Just Discovered Water Damage? Here’s What You Need To Do:
If you’ve just discovered water damage in your home or business, there are things you can do to reduce the amount of long-term damage.
Steps to Take as Soon as You Detect Water Damage
1. Always keep calm, so your thinking stays clear.
2. If the source of your flooding is an internal leak (not a storm surge), locate and close the water main or shut-off valve. You can often find this valve in your basement. Shutting it off will stop the water source from further flooding.
3. Call a plumber if the main shut-off valve doesn’t stop the leak.
4. Turn off your main electrical breaker to prevent potential electrical hazards.
5. Call your trusted water restoration company at (256) 305-6221, available any day, any time.
6. Place aluminum foil under the feet or legs of any furniture in contact with wet flooring or carpet to prevent staining.
7. Lift any draperies or curtains away from the water floor.
8. Tack up any upholstered furniture skirts so it isn’t sitting in standing water.
9. Quickly remove papers, books, fabrics, personal belongings, potted plants, and any other items that may stain wet carpet or cause further damage to your flooring.
10. Call your insurance to report the damage. All policies require you to report your loss as soon as reasonably possible.
Avoid doing these things:
1. Please don’t use your home vacuum as it can cause an electrical shock as well as damage to your vacuum.
2. Never place newspaper in traffic areas to walk on as the ink transfers to wet carpet fibers causing permanent staining.
3. Walk on the carpet more than necessary, as excess traffic causes the damage (like mold spores) to spread to otherwise unaffected areas in your home or building.
Common Causes of Water Damage
Being a proactive homeowner is the best way to prevent costly water damage repairs. If you have any potential concerns or questions about signs of water damage in your home, please contact us for a free quote.
- Weather – Flooding, extreme winds, and hurricanes can cause interior and exterior water damage.
- Plumbing – Water damage can happen behind your walls and cabinets from a clogged drain, broken pipe, or leaky appliance.
- Leaks – Look out for sources of potential leaks, such as missing shingles, clogged gutters, and cracked foundations.
Water Damage – Is It Covered By Insurance?
In the event of water damage, coverage depends on two main factors: how the water damage happened and your insurance policy. For example, most policies cover sudden leaks and damage from inside the home. That means that most standard homeowners insurance policies will cover you in the case of a burst pipe or broken appliance (with a deductible).
However, this is only the case if the damage is sudden and unavoidable. On the other hand, intentional destruction or neglect is not typically covered by insurance. For example, if you knew your plumber said your pipes needed replacing due to a persistent leak, but you ignored it.
In the case of natural disasters, many policies require homeowners to opt-in for supplemental coverage. For example, flooding is not always covered under a standard homeowner’s insurance policy. If your home or business is in an area prone to flooding, check to see if your insurance provider offers this additional coverage.
Our Water Damage Repair Promise
Our water damage and restoration process comes down to one fundamental value: we want to restore your home’s structural integrity and safety promptly. We do this by providing a professional, experienced team equipped to handle all aspects of water damage restoration. From the first assessment of your situation to the complete restoration of your property, we are here for you! We will repair and restore your home or place of business in as little time as possible.
Water damage can be overwhelming, leaving you wondering where to begin, what to do, and who to call. Our specially trained, professional team is here to help! Let us relieve your stress with our 24/7 emergency water damage restoration services.
Why We’re Alabama’s #1 Cleaning Company
This is a professional top notch restoration company with fast response time. They make the process go smoothly.
Matthew was my technician, he cleaned my carpet. He did a remarkable job. Thank you so much Matt!
These guys are fantastic! Pipe burst in the wall and the water damage was horrible. The wood was rotting and the carpet was stained. They work with your insurance company and all is now better than new! I highly recommend them. Especially for water damage restoration!
I had my rugs and furniture cleaned after years worth of pet stains. Their responsiveness and attention to detail was amazing. Highly recommend!
These guys do everything and they do it right! Had loads of water damage from severe flooding and they made it look like it never even happened!